Monday, January 18, 2010

January Marches On

January continues to march toward December and the new year feels much like the old one. I got to talk to Jeff (instant message really) this past Wednesday. He's miserable, hates his unit and just wants to come home. Well, that makes 2 of us babe. He wants to switch units when he gets back but that looks to mean a year's deployment to Korea.
Right now he's still working 24/7 and he's been all over northern Iraq. So much for being bored and never leaving the base! He's sharing a room with 3 other guys which also doesn't help the situation. It kills me that I can't help him but I've met a great group of gals who are in the same boat and assure me I'm doing the right thing and the only thing we can do.
Keep him and all our troops in your thoughts (positive only please) and prayers.

No comments: