Thursday, August 17, 2006

14th Annual Day of Caring



Yesterday was our 14th annual Day of Caring. With 3,400 volunteers at a number of agencies made a great impact in the community this year. Here's a picture of Sean & Renita - 2 newbie's both to the U.W. and to D.O.C. I think I really made a good impression this year with my 2006 shirt. Yup, though I only made a few minor "changes" the shirt, the lace for sleeves & collar were a nice touch but the scrapbook on the back was an instant hit. Of course the fact that I had Barbara Streisand singing "The Way We Were" from a hidden recorder might have been what put me over the top! LOL Yes, that's right. This year I was musical. What does one do to top that next year? I'm not sure but you can bet I'm already working on it. Hmm..... wonder if Channel 2 has an extra monitor they're not using! LOL There's too many pictures to put them all up here so send me an email and I'll send them right over to you. There were 3389 volunteers from 162 companies working on 177 projects benefiting 120 agencies totaling over $244,000. Enjoy & have a GREAT day!!

No comments: