Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Ah ha!!

Last night on the ride home, one of the ladies was telling us how a 44yr old man came in with his adult daughter to sign some paperwork. Apparently he had been attacked. The man could neither read nor write so this had to be recorded in his legal documents and he was able to scrawl something recognized as his legal signature. The lady was - to use her words - taken aback that someone could be in this state of 44yr old and completly unable to do such basic tasks. After a few minutes of conversation I realized I had brought home one of the wonderful bags Diane had put together of CASH info for my ECC. April & I had added 211 & FJC brochures in the so I began handing them out to the about 10 people who all LOVED the information. The lady next to me went so far as to say "I'd heard about 211 but didn't know what it was, this is GREAT!" The lady who'd begun telling us the story said she referred tons of people to FJC but all they had was the little cards with the map on the back and was very grateful to have a full brochure. Each person was reading the materials when my stop arrived and all promised to take them back to their place of business - mostly city hall - and show there coworkers & boss.Just thought this was a great story that shows we're needed out there, our message is getting passed around and people are taking notice. Great Job & Congrats to all those who worked on putting the materials together.

No comments: