Tuesday, November 24, 2009

A more recent update


It's been quite a while since my last update and for those of you who actually follow my blog (both of you lol) I'm sorry.

I'm back to work at the school and things are sort of settling into a routine. We're getting ready for an extended weekend and before we know it Christmas will be here. Hard to believe, I feel like I was just walking the beach and celebrating the 4th of July.

Jeff and I hit a rough patch in September and while we still love each other, I wasn't there for his deployment. No, we haven't broken up but some well-meaning family & friends didn't help. Now he's in Iraq and I KNOW he'll be ok, I still worry. He's settling in and was able to make the first phone call to me on Friday morning. Unfortunately I was in a meeting and missed it, damn it. He said he'd call back and I know he will. He is truly the love of my life and while the first 2 months of his deployment are over, the next 10 months will be so many things. We got to a very important point in our relationship very quickly and we both got scared. Now we've got 10 months to slow things down again, get to relearn things about each other and learn new things.

On a good note, Katrina's boyfriend Shay (also in Mosul) will be home in less than a month! YAY!! We're all really excited and she's already making plans to meet him at Ft. Campbell when he gets home on the 19th. I can't wait to meet him. :-)

Just so you don't think anything's wrong - or that I'm cheating lol - the picture is of me and my friend Kevin during the Celebration of Reading at work. I'm just showing off my new haircut & figure folks. Jeff's still my guy.

No comments: