Sunday, December 27, 2009

2009 in review... 2010 in daydreams


It was about this time last year that a friend asked what my new years resolution was going to be. We put a lot of pressure on ourselves in regards to resolutions. To get a better job, better apartment, quit smoking or the ever popular, lose weight. When we don't achieve these goals we feel like a failure. Normally I'd have been in the "lose weight" group but the gastric bypass surgery a few months prior kinda took care of that. LOL No, instead, without thinking I said "to do more." When she asked what it means, I said it's simply to do something each month I'd never done before. So that's what I did and I'm here to share the highlights.


January - made Do More resolution, got notebook to keep track


February - installed as VP & Secretary of River Road VFC Ladies Aux


March - went to new Burchfield-Penney; met famous artist Simon Griffis and toured his studio; started UW Board Governance class; drove to the gym on the thruway (those who know me know why this made the list. lol)


April - attended Lew-Port AFJROTC military ball; drove the Grand Island bridge; bought first set at Fredericks; had date with Joel (we're rockin it as friends which is much better. lol)


May -became Jeff's "official" girlfriend lol; drove to Orchard Park alone via the skyway (a two time first!)


June - ran an aux meeting; joined Town of Tonawanda & Erie County Aux; took part in memorial service with the fire co.


July - went to GA alone to see Jeff - sailed the Savannah river, saw a dragonfly, toured Savannah, went to the beach, swam in the ocean, Jeff said he was In Love with me, drove to Alabama (mistake but I did it! lol), toured Ft. Stewart, saw famous Saddam statue, ended 11yr dry spell. also celebrated 1yr since surgery with a weight loss of 134lbs!!!


August - had lunch at Panos with Tony M to celebrate my 29th birthday.


September - took 400 high school students up to tour NFARB.


October - flew in a C-130H piloted by 2 full bird col's to Baltimore where I toured the Maryland Air National Guard base and the US Secret Service Training Center; also got to see Ravens Stadium! Rode on the USSS test track at about 90mph!!! Got accepted to DeVry University.


November - bought my 1st lap top; got my 1st call from Mosul, Iraq - Jeff 11/20


December - made all my own Christmas cards; attended a Pentacostal church; completed my 1st college course.


With all that's happened in 2009..... I can hardly wait for 2010!!!

No comments: