Saturday, July 26, 2008

Saying it all at once...




I wanted to write personalized letters to everyone telling you all how much you mean to me, how you've t0uched my life and how I hope that in some way, I've touched your life as well. Here's the problem, I started to get teary-eyed just thinking about it!! Even sticking to family & close friends I'd never have made it through. So, I'm using an eco-friendly way and hopefully I'll keep the tears to a minimum.

Each and every one of you you reading this and some who aren't (please point them here) have impacted my life in some way that has made me a better person. You've made me laugh when I wanted to cry, kicked me in the butt when all I wanted to do was hide under the covers, let me cry on your shoulder and just as often let me be the shoulder you've leaned on in times of need.

I won't say that what I'm going to do is easy and that I'm not scared. I don't think I wouldn't be human. I'm not even a religious person but I am spiritual. I have no reason to believe that things won't go right, that I won't look fierce in the end and that most of all I have no reason to believe I won't be a healthier me. I'm not having this surgery because of my weight - though it is a GREAT benefit to lose these extra pounds. I'm doing this to head off family un-friendlies I'll call them like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure and more. In the end I hope to be a better version of me. It's taken me a long time and a lot of tears to say that but you've all helped me get there at one point in time. Saying Thank You just doesn't seem enough. Should anything happen I just want to put this out there: keep black to a minimum, my favorite flowers are daisies and in lieu of a funeral, I want everyone to make a donation to a charity listed below:

United Way of Buffalo & Erie County
Huntington's Research Center (Rochester, NY)
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
Daughter's of the American Revolution
Frank Lloyd Wright Foundation
River Road Volunteer Fire Company
(feel free to just choose one... and again, this is a just in case - though donations are always great)

I'll be sore and bitchy for a while because of the operation but hopefully not too long. Or at least not too bitchy. LOL Try not to forget me while I'm out of the office; I've already had one text message.

1 comment:

JS said...

Jenn you are going to be FINE and come out the better healthier version of you! I know you can do this.

Good luck!!!