Tuesday, August 01, 2006

My first appointment at the gym....


Yesterday was my first appointment at the gym. Kimberlee was GREAT!! She didn't try to rush me through, she didn't give me things to do and leave me hanging or try to throw me into the weight room. She told me that the lesser used weight room upstairs is just as good as it has 1 of everything. She's a pilates teacher so we're going to go more in that route. Too bad class is at 12:15. Maybe I can take a 1/2 PTO one day and check it out. We actually spent about an hour together getting my measurements. After I got home I had dinner, got my August pass, then jumped in the pool for a couple hours with mom & Kari. I'm supposed to have my 2nd appointment with Kim today at 5:00 but depending on how I feel and how the weather is, I might re-schedule and just hit the pool. I really worked my arms in there last night. I laid over the noodle, let my legs float and just used my arms for the breast stroke. The underside of my arms really felt it. One thing Kim stressed was using a Yoga ball. I've always wanted to try one of these but feared I was too fat. Not so! says Kim. We're going back to my dance roots which is gonna be great. Stay tuned!!

1 comment:

All Things Jennifer said...

I am so glad it went well. Swimming, eh?

I have to get myself down there and in a regular routine!!!