Thursday, August 31, 2006

SAPI saves Lives



So by now you all know I'm a big supporter of the US Military. If you're not, feel free to return to France. One site I try to get to a few times a week is One Marine's View - link at the right. Capt B. tells it like it is and brings forward the good things that our beloved media seems to forget. Maybe I was knitting or maybe I was shopping, or heck, maybe I was asleep but did you see the story on the news about this Marine? This is Cpl Blair who's stationed in Iraq. He's not holding the door to a potbellied stove. That is the protective gear they're issued when they get to Iraq. I don't know the "lingo" used so I'm not sure what SAPI means but I know it's a heavy piece of gear and originally the Marines complained about the weight. Well, Cpl Blair won't. He was working a checkpoint when he was shot at and the only thing that saved his life was that little piece of armor. They have to wear it all day every day. So the next time you've gotta lug in heavy grocery bags, or that laundry basket feels like it's got cannon balls in it, stop and think of your soliders. Think of the Marine's like Cpl Blair. Lugging around a few extra pounds actually saved his life.

2 comments:

Dayngr said...

What?! Why no shout out to eMailOurMilitary.com ??? Aw man!

Jenn said...

eMailOurMilitary.com totally rocks and it's been a blessing in my life. I've met some great guys (not all single. lol) and it puts a real face on what's going on around the world. Sometimes, politicans forget to look.