Friday, December 08, 2006

Metro Made Easy - My Ass

Allright, so this morning I leave the house at my normal time to catch my normal bus to start my normal day at work. Well, is anything actually normal? Anyway, the bus (Thruway Express #63) is due at my stop at 7:20 a.m. This morning? No Show. 20 minutes later I was too cold to wait anymore.... hello, it's only 12 degrees out.... and I jump on the next #5 that comes by. This will take me 3 times as long to get downtown but I need the heat. At this point my toes are cold enough to snap off with my next step! I finally make it downtown, wait another 10 minutes to cross Niagara Street, skate myway up Mohawk to Delaware and see a traffic jam. Perfect! Just what I need. God must have been smiling on me because a #25 Delaware was sitting there waiting to go through. We get flagged through after another 10 minutes of waiting - I don't care, it's heated - and we get to the new office building that they're putting up just down the road. The unions have been protesting this and in the beginning were blocking traffic. What do they do today? Yup! Why have 1 roadblock when you can have 2? All during morning rush hour traffic. I'd already called Rozzie to let her know I'd be late and what was going on. Turns out she's not even in today. I get into work and flop into my chair tired, cold and pissed off. "Metro Made Easy"..... my ass.

No comments: