Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Date Night

So, I had my first date on Saturday night since Clinton was in office. By that I mean Bill Clinton, the one who actually has a penis and not just looks like he has one. His name is Wayne, he's a history teacher in Liberty, NY and is trying to get a teaching job back here in Buffalo to be closer to his family. I was basically freaking out about it most of Friday. Saturday I was too nervous to freak out and just pee'd every 3 minutes. Chris & Steve picked me up at about 6:20 and we headed over to Nikki's house. That's Wayne's sister and where we're gonna watch the game. All I could think of as I looked at these mansion sized homes was that I was "way far from home." As we walked up the drive Steve - sensing my nerves - patted my back to remind me I had a friend. As soon as I stepped through the door it was like someone flipped a switch! Gone were the nerves. Nikki makes you feel so at home. Wayne appeared from around the corner and is just as cute in person as he is in real life. Her dogs, Sadie & Brody were great and here's the best part. Nikki's son Matthew is 18 mos old. He came near me plenty of times and he didn't freak out !!!!! yeah!!!! Wayne's got a smile that's huge and all straight white teeth. It's contagious. His laugh comes from somewhere in the bottom of his size 16 (no kidding) toes and you find yourself smiling and looking in his general direction before you know it. Nikki ordered great pizza and I brought a chocolate yummy to share (recipe posted shortly). All in all it was a great night. The best part??? For one night I felt like a grown up and I felt like I belonged.

No comments: