Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Jeff


(Tybee Island Pier July 2, 2009)
So you might wonder - or maybe not - why I've got a post up on my blog about a base in Georgia. You might not wonder because if you've followed my blog at all you know I'm a huge supporter of our troops. Well, I'm especially proud to follow one troop.


Of all the great things that have happened to me since surgery this troop is without a doubt the best thing to come into my life. I've lost 130lbs and it's been just over a year (13mos to be exact). I can now fit into a booth at a restaurant, am wearing a size 12 pair of pants (formerly a size 28). I've got my own office at a job that, well it pays the bills and I'm grateful to be working in this economy. I still have my Lincoln and having my own car is amazing. LOL I can't say I miss mass transit and unless I move to NYC I won't go back.


No, as great as all those things are Jeff is by far the icing on my cake. We've been together about 5 months and I got to visit him at Ft. Stewart over the July 4th holiday. Since I'd never been to the beach or seen the ocean, we spent 2 great mornings on Tybee Island, toured Savannah on 2 hot afternoons, he showed me all over the post, and I met some of his friends. For 4 nights my pillow had a heartbeat and my blanket made me feel safe. For the first time in my life I was just Jenn. I wasn't "Bob & Marlene's granddaughter the dancer." "Debi's twin", "Don and Kari's older sister." Nope, I was just me and it felt AMAZING. It was a feeling I can't put into words. When he asked if this was the best weekend I told him it was the best weekend of my life and that I wished it could go on forever. I was worried how he'd react to my scar or the extra me that's still there. We were floating in the pool when he looked down at me and said "I'm in love with you Jennifer (last name)". I saw fireworks and my heart flipped like it was in the Olympics! I wanted him to say it over and over again. Instead I fell back on my old habits and joked "It's abut time you came around to my way of thinking" LOL I can't wait for him to get here. I know it means he's that much closer to deployment but I miss him in my arms and his heartbeat under my head. Is there a better lullaby to fall asleep to?


Ladies & gentlemen............. I am IN love!!

No comments: