Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Old fashioned journals

I was watching what is rapidly becoming one of my favorite movies the other day... Kiera Knightly in Pride & Prejudice. Equally tied is the Bali-wood version Bride & Prejudice. Anyway, in just about every room there were shelves and shelves of books. Anyone who likes to read like I do can appreciate the beauty in a personal library of that scale. It got me thinking though. In this paperless-technology rules - who needs actual handwriting age, are blogs the best? Now, that doesn't mean I'm going to give up my blog by any means. Far from it in fact. But blogs only last so long. After we pass on to the great shoe store in the sky, our blogs will be shut down and it's almost as if we never existed. Journals on the other hand are hard proof that we were here. That we breathed, used resources, did good / bad and loved. Sometimes the biggest impact we make in this world has nothing to do with press. Something as small as a journal read by an ancestor years later can shape the future. I'm now on the hunt for that perfect, leather bound journal. Maybe I'll get lucky and can find a place where my initials can be embossed in gold on them. Hmmmm......

No comments: