Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm delcaring myself Holly Homemaker

I tried painting the bathroom ceiling a bit ago - just the primer mind you. I could get all but right over the tub because I'm too short. So I painted the trim and brought everything downstairs to wash out so I could use it later to put the color up. I thought I'd gotten all the paint out of the brush so when I squeezed it with my hands I didn't expect what happened next. I got a handful of paint. No real shock but UGH!!!! Trying to wash my hand off just made it worse and before you know it I'm able to audition for Mickey Mouse's hand double. I tried using the Goo Gone we had in the basement but we've got 2 separate nozzles for hot & cold so I came up to the bathroom. Well, it was working pretty good until I realized the nozzle didn't stick out far enough and I was getting paint all over the inside of my mother's ceramic sink. YIKES!!!! Me & the bottle of Goo Gone moved over to the tub and had much better success. I look less like Mickey's hand double but what do I do about the sink? No paint remover in the house and I'm $7 away from being officially broke. I walk into the kitchen to get a drink and see some Reynolds Wrap on the kitchen table. Yesterday it had covered the remains of Donald's birthday cake. As I ball it up to throw it away I got an idea. Think it'll work? It's worth a try! I take my shiny ball of foil and march back into the bathroom. 1-2-3 and the paint's gone! I just rubbed the ball over the paint and it took it off without scratching the surface! Woo Hoo!!! Wonder what else I can discover?????

No comments: