Thursday, June 05, 2008

Frosted

I've been reading more and more about the gas crunch and while I don't own a car, I do drive my mother's van as often as I need to. In return I fill up her tank each payday and it's getting tougher.

But what frosts me is the people who complain they can't travel more than 2 or 3 times this year. I've taken 2 vacations in 5 years. The economy's so bad I can't get a car loan. You want me to feel sorry for you because you'll only get in 3 trips this year? Because you can't drive your motor home to the shore or that your fishing boat is now a lawn ornamet. Bite me.

It also frosts me that my sister has to say the pledge in spanish. Granted she says it in english first but guess what folks, we have 1 government, 1 official language and just because you're moving here from a spanish speaking country doesn't mean I have to adapt to your lifestyle, you need to adapt to ours. Welcome to America, leave your other language at the door.

2 comments:

Christina said...

After not taking vacations for many years while I was single (couldn't afford it) -- now steve and I make the effort to go once a year. It's good for us to get away to a place where we can just play and have fun together, even if it's my parents cottage one hour away! 2 or 3 times a year!!?? must be nice!!

Jenn said...

If you're going somewhere like your parents cottage where it's costing you like nothing, than great but the people who complain that they can't go on a cruise? come on now. groceries or a week in the sun?