Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Should I really be on the road????

Ok, so on Sunday my brother and sister went to the Arena to see the WWE & RAW show. Kari's totally in love with John Cena. Hey, is pretty cute and she could have picked worse! LOL

Anyway, after they get home my brother gets the idea to teach me to drive his truck. Let me just say that I don't drive at all. None, Zip, Nada. Too many freaks on the road. Well, off to the school parking lot we go. When I get nervous I laugh, he's laughing so I laugh harder and the fact that a guy's cleaning out his big rig laughing just sends me into total peels of laughter. Did you know you can stall a standard truck 7 times and it'll still start on the 8th???? I do now!!! Enough was enough for Donald. We headed home and switched to my father's car, an automatic. Whew! I did much better..... sorta. In the parking lot I did ok and was even kosher. Then, he took me on the actual road! Panic! Panic! Panic! I was afraid my hands would go right through the steering wheel. After a few minutes I began to relax but that didn't last long. We went one this one street where all the cars were parked on the righ side of the street except one. A shiney new Lincoln. I really didn't think we'd make it through. Whew! We did. No scratches or dents. More driving around past friend's and family's houses then a quick parking lesson on our street and the ordeal was over. A beer and a swim in the pool helped relax me.

Lessons Learned:
1) Baby girl shouldn't be driving standard
2) Driving will be an "as needed" thing - even after I buy a car. Hey, Metro's got it's perks! LOL

No comments: