Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Do we say NO too often?

When I was a kid, if someone told me NO, I'd do it anyway and do it to succeed. Nothing bad like eating ice cream, I mean a project. Well, somewhere in my teen years, all the NO's piled up and I kinda lost my drive. My self esteem basically went down the toilet, I put on weight and was not myself. Well, now I'm 26 and ya know what? I'm sick & tired of NO!!! Now, don't take it wrong. I'm not going to start sleeping around and doing drugs. I want to build cabinets in my kitchen... Dan said "No, it's too much work." A great friend but IRK!!! I want to do hardwood in my bathroom... Dad says "No, if you get it wet it'll probably warp." Irk, but good point. Why not lay tile???? I've heard "No, it's gonna take you forever!" I want to bring this 'Lighten Up Iowa' program to work. My boss R? "We've got to see if we can invest time in this." That translates to a NO. Think out of the box, she says, I need new ideas, she says. I bring her ideas and ya know what I get "NO" ARGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I'm Charlie Brown and I'm playing football with Lucy. Guess what folks, this Charlie Brown just bought a football tee. I'm gonna price out the materials for my cabinet, do my bathroom the way I want it and ya know what? I'm gonna do that health program and make it a success. Let's see who says NO then!

Remember folks, a "No" now isn't "never", just go out and kick some butt to make it a yes and make those nay-sayers eat their words.

No comments: