Friday, May 30, 2008

Manolo's, Cosmo's, Girlfriends and Shoes


Today is the day, the day a great number of women have been waiting for, a day I wasn't sure would come.... but it did. The Sex & The City movie premiered tonight and I couldn't pass up the chance to see it opening night. In fact, I rushed home to fix my hair, put on some make up, grab my favorite Prada purse (yes it's real) and of course some friends. Renita & Tish went with me to laugh and cry as the girls we've loved for years went through the familiar motions and landmarks. PS - there's a tour that'll take you to all the hot spots from the show. Roadtrip anyone?
I've been watching the show in re-runs almost every night so I've missed the ladies a bit less than I could have. That didn't lessen my desire and excitment for the movie. I like to think of myself as Carrie: creative type seeking love. But who wouldn't want to be Charlotte? Rich, beautiful and happy. She seems to have it all. Then there's Samantha, if I had a sex life like her's I wouldn't be able to hold a full time job! LOL Miranda might be the least liked character I can relate to her more often than not. I like things to be cut & dry. Do what you need to do and lets get a move on. She also has trust issues... again, who doesn't?
While I can't actually be one of the girls from the show, I'm happy that I have girls of my own who are actually better because they're real. I've got my April, my Caron, my Nicole & my Chris. Each one of us different and each one of us a bit better when we're together. Maybe they can't run right over when I'm in trouble or heartbroken, but I know there's going to be a text message and phone calls. The real life way we let people know they're not alone.
So, did Carrie & Big get married? What dress did she wear? What happened to the rest of the girls and are the old characters there? I'll only tell you this. Carrie gets photograped in a number of designer name dresses I'd sell a kidney for and a wedding gets planned..... but how it happens or if it even does... you'll just have to go see for yourself. Personally, I plan to be first in line the day it comes out on DVD and that night I'm having the party dozens of women are having tonight. Cosmo's, champagne and fabulous shoes, what more do you need?

2 comments:

Happy Penguin Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Happy Penguin Family said...

GOTCHA!! Sorry, didn't see where u said u googled the 'fo. MY BAD! Don't bother posting a msg to my blog to try to flame or make me feel bad, I don't check msgs. LOL.