Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Ash Wednesday 2007

Today is Ash Wednesday an while I'm no where's near a "religious" person, this is one day I make a point of going to church on. Every year for the past 4 years my girlfriends and I make the loooonng pilgrimage to Westminster. Ok, it's not that long of a journey, actually, it's just next door. Rev. Yorty just has THAT voice. The soothing voice that can calm any fear and just leaves you feeling wonderful so I was really looking forward to today's service. Well, April, Rosing (her first time with us) and Gayle (also her first time with us) walked in and got settled in our seats. I was looking through the bulletin and was pleasantly confused. Rev Yorty wasn't doing the service but instead Rev Delgado was. She's an associate pastor who's been with them I'd say 6 mos or so. I had talked to her previously on a friend's behalf so I was curious to see what she looked like. She's short, pleasant and older than I expected. She also seemed very nervous. Odd since she's not new to the cloth. She read just about everything from a paper - verbatim - and we had self service ashes! Oh No! What is going on? Is a drive-thru on the way? This I did not like and you could see everyone else was confused to. While the service was enjoyable, I think next year I'll call to see who's doing it. On a high point, I found out the church has a knitting club!!! LOL :-)

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Leave it to our little ball of engergy! Sounds like something Kari'd do. Of course the funniest church story related to her is that she was about 2 and my parents were going to Faith Presbyterian. Everyone was really quiet for silent reflection and she farts. It's hilarious because the pews are wooden!!! Rang out like a cannon shot! She couldn't crawl into dad's lap far enough.