Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Making it count...

I always thought that a blog was an anonymously public rant or praise that no one knew about or at least didn't know who wrote it. I found out today I'm wrong but that's ok. I was apologized to today because someone saw that my feelings had been hurt by their actions. While I hope I reassured her that I'm fine it did make me think.

If I've got a public platform to use for good, then why am I not using it more? Am I using it enough? Well, I'm going to be a bit better about it. I want to direct you (after reading this post of course) to the link on the left called "One Marine's View". It's a blog run by a US Marine who is just expressing his views which happen to be shared by thousands. They are able to write real life experiences of what they're seeing while in military service and what family members are going through as they're left behind. Well, we can't all join the military. For those who can, I envy you. I've had to think of another way to show my support and be a part of the team. My flag flies outside my house day in and day out and that will never change. But there's more that we can do without marching in protest rallies (if it rings your bell go for it). There is a site I've mentioned more than once called EmailOurMilitary.com. I joined it a couple years ago and I highly suggest it to anyone who wants to show support but doesn't have a lot of money or time. There's another site called AnySoldier.com. You can see this on OneMarine'sView. You'd be amazed how impactful a few dozen chocolate chip cookies can be.

Find what makes you passionate be it the military, cleaning up your neighborhood (Thanks to JP Losman of the Buffalo Bills for cleaning up my hometown), or making life a bit more bearable for the senior citizens in their golden years. Whatever it is, go out and do it. Make it happen. Just do me one favor.......................... make sure it's something positive.

No comments: