Saturday, August 25, 2007

What a week it's been

It's been a pretty off the wall week for me. On Monday and Tuesday I was allowed to take my mother's van to work. Hmmm.... the first solo drive. For all of you out there who may be on the road the same time as me I say this: "The city speed limit is 30 mph. If you have an insane need to get to the next red light before me, feel free to go around." I say this because there's been a large influx in patrol cars in the area and I don't intend to get my first ticket just weeks within getting my license.

As for my license, it came in the mail yesterday or the day before. It also came with a note that said it was about to expire so please stop down to the nearst DMV to pay $50 to keep it current. How nice of them, I can also send it in by mail. Seems to me you should just start over again. Mom said it's because I waited so long and my permit would have expired next week anyway.

I think part of what's contributed to this "odd" week has been the fact that I haven't taken my synthroid. No, it doesn't mess with my mind but I don't feel good. I'm feeling run down like before. Add that to the crazy week and the fact that a friend from work is losing her job the end of the month, another got her hours cut in half and yet a 3rd friend and I are on icey terms. The 3rd friend often gets too close to and crosses barriers she has no right to. I told her so last Saturday and we haven't really spoken since. I see it as this. As children we're taught not to do certain things. Don't drink, you're not old enough. Don't have sex before you're married.... ok, so that one doesn't really work out so much anymore. Don't stand in scalding water. Pretty basic things. Well, as we grow up, there's still things we shouldn't do. She just needs to remember that.

We've got another girls night coming up and I'm really looking forward to it. This one is at Chris's apartment which none of us have been to yet. She lives in these nice apartments and the best part is that she has a viewof the harbor. It's all sweets & desserts so I just need to figure out what to make. Hmm..... graham cracker reese cup treats anyone? I think that's one that will work.

I've been feeling off for a few weeks now that has nothing to do with my synthroid. It's my birthday. Funny but no one tells you that 27 will bother you. 25 bothered the hell out of me. I'll be in a total coma for 30. There's so many things I thought I'd have done by now and I haven't done any of them. I didn't marry Paul (thanks Joe, I owe you for that one), I don't have kids (really not sure they're for me anyway), I haven't started my own Fortune 500 business and I haven't made a million dollars. Things seemed so easy & trackable in high school. That begs the question "Do we put false hopes into kids minds when we tell them they can do anything and the world is their oyster?" Who picked the oyster anyway? Slimey little things and I'd rather go to a jewelry store to get a pearl anyway.

I think it's time for another life list, or at least a good hard look at the current one. Maybe it's time for an update. Keep you posted and post thoughts, nice to know I'm not alone on this planet.

No comments: