Sunday, November 04, 2007

Hola from Austin

Hola from Austin, Tx everyone!! I got here Thursday evening and boy was I tired. We had a lot of turbulence from Buffalo to JFK (not to mention 4 screaming kids), a 3hr layover at JFK (boring!!!!!) and the flight from JFK to Austin was long. I didn't have the screaming kids but I wasn't off the hook either. We hit some air bumps over a few states and the screaming kids were replaced by frat boys on their way to a friends wedding or reunion or something. After getting in we hopped over to the Hula Hut for dinner. I had such a great Hawaiian burger I can't wait to remake it back home. We hung out at the house for a bit then ran over to Amy's (it's been on the Food Network folk's, I just HAD to!!) for some ice cream. It's just like Cold Stone but as the guy behind the counter said "Yeah, but we were here first." LOL Chilled at the house then fell asleep. I won't lie, a bit of homesickness hit. Friday was another great day and I spent wayyyy toooo much money. We started out by going to Hannah D's (www.hannahdonline.com) and I picked up a few things for my sister. Then we went next door to Massage Envy (www.massagenvy.com) for a 1hr massage. Guys, check out the site. It was so amazing I can hardly tell you. Then we did some shopping, ok, we did a lot of shopping but I got all of my gifts - almost. (g) Picked Brandon up from school and did some more shopping and looking around at different store. Friday night Nikki & I got glammed up and we hit 6th street. For those of you back home that's the equal to Chippewa but I'd say better because only the dance clubs had cover. We started out at the Dizzy Rooster, wound our way about a block up to the Chuggin' Monkey, walked around to check out the sites, had a drink at the Apple Bar then ended at Marq. Guys, they shut the street off at 11:00 so no worries about the sidewalks getting crushed. They even have cabs lined up on sidestreets in case you can't drive home. We got back to the house and flopped into bed at about 1:00 a.m. but weren't there long. We were up at 5:30 and on the road by 7:00 to Houston to see a Ren Fest. Now, that has nothing to do with Ren & Stimpy. Rennasaisance (sp?) is what I mean and boy were the costumes awesome, in more ways then one. Stop by for pix, I'll try to upload them soon. Nikki's friend Lee was with us and so was Brandon's friend Alfonso (he's such a cute kid!). Lee & Michael were eating they're way around the fair and I kid you not. Scotch Eggs, turkey legs, beef jerkey, sausage on a stick, alligator on a stick, bagels, kettle korn and that was before lunch! We finally left about 6:00 or so and started the 2.5 hr drive home. Nikki hadn't been feeling good all day but on the way home we stopped at a Sonic (yes, I finally got to eat at one and it wasn't half bad) then made it home. Today we got to sleep in a bit later and relax. Michael is teaching a class and left for the lake by noon. Yup, they're still in open water folks. Nikki, Brandon & I hit Al Cappone's for the pasta bar. I'm so making my dish for the Christmas party! LOL We went to Best Buy to pick up something for Brandon, got some world famous Round Rock donuts - they're really yellow! - then it was off to the Round Rock Outlet Mall. I got a few more things to bring back. I did eat lunch Friday at Rudy's which my brother raved about. I even had to buy him sauce. Since I didn't want it to get all over my clothes I had to put it in my carry on..... it's over 3 oz so I can't take it on the plane...hmmm.... what's a girl to do? Yup, this girl went back to Hannah D's (in all fairness, I did it Friday afternoon) and bought another carry on bag. This one is so cute. It's balck with pink polka dots, pink handles and pink bows over the front pockets. It's even got a zipper portion on the bottom for pots & jars of your favorite beauty products. In my case it'll be used for shoes. LOL I just printed my boarding pass and am ready to go. I'll miss Nikki as I've had such a great time with her but I'm ready to get back to what I'm sure is a disaster on my desk. Hope the coffee pot's still standing! LOL Did I mention Nikki's aunt in El Paso passed away Thursday afternoon? She's been so great with me here. We're riding to the airport early tomorrow so she can catch a flight out for the funeral tomorrow. I'm going to hang around and get letters written that I was supposed to do on the way down here. Hope everyone got their post cards and I can't wait to see you all!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: