Saturday, December 29, 2007

DHL Disaster

Dad phone got stolen when he was at work right before Christmas. We called and Asurion was nice enough to send a replacement right out. Thank God for insurance. Phone arrives and it won't work. It's been refurbished they tell me. Well, refurbished or not, it's not working. No problem, it's covered under warranty so we'll send a new one with a DHL tag to send back the defective one. Mom sat home all day waiting for the delivery which never came. She called Asurion to see what was going on, gets the tracking number and finds that DHL says they delivered it around noon yesterday. NOT!! I get on the phone to DHL at 9:40 with a very nasty lady who tells me (after "confirming" my number - which was wrong) that it'll be an hour or two before I hear anything. Keep in mind my mother's at home yet again waiting for this delivery which needs to be signed for. I say that's not acceptable and I want an answer by 10:30 a.m. No problem she tells me. Well, at 10:36 I call back because I haven't heard anything. "Ben" politely answers and apologizes for the trouble. He also tells me that I've got another 45 minutes to wait because she wasn't supposed to promise me an answer by 10:30. So now he tells me I'll have an answer by 11:30. Guess what, by noon I still had no answer so I call back again. This time I get an even nastier girl who tells me to "deal with it you'll have a call by 2:00". Deal with it? Is this customer service? I think not. I tell her my lawyer will handle it with her corporate office & hang up. Nope, not gonna bother. I call Asurion back to let them know what's going on. I get a very nice woman named "Karen" who spends the next hour with me on the phone and DHL trying to get it straightened out. By the end of the hour she told me I had to wait until all the drivers were back (did I mention he said he left it in my back hall..... odd since he'd have to get through a locked gate and door....... or he might have left it at the wrong house). We have to wait for them to declare the package lost then Asurion can send me a new phone and for all my troubles I'm getting extra accessories for the phone. I was so relieved to have delt with a nice person who not only calmed me down but got answers in an hour I couldn't get in 4hrs. To Little Miss Deal With It........ I've already sent your name and response in a letter to your corporate office. I hope something happens so you can "Deal With It."

No comments: