Thursday, December 27, 2007

RIP Bhutto


This morning I learned that PM Bhutto had been shot. While I mourn her loss and the positive change she would undoubtedly have brought to her country, I'm troubled that more people are attacking the US and President Bush specifically for not keeping her safe. She is a grown woman who knew what she was getting into. Where was her own country's security? Where were her own guards? I'm all for being a "Big Brother" to the world when needed but we're not the world Mother. At some point other countries need to take responsibility for themselves and stop blaming us. What would happen if we stopped everyone from attacking other countries? Then we'd be called lazy for not stepping in. We're basically in a no-win situation. My heart goes out to the family of former P.M. Bhutto and I hope whoever takes her place continues with her dream of a peacful Pakistan but please, stop blaming us for something we had NOTHING to do with.

No comments: