Thursday, December 13, 2007

Medical Update

I seem to have caught whatever is going around again. I just hope it's not that bronchial thing again I had 5 years ago. That was awful.

Anyway, I wanted to let you all know that the Metformin is working. My insulin resistance has gone down from 61.1 to 23. It's still high but much better than before. My thyroid medicine got upped from 125 mg to 137 but that's ok. I'm going tomorrow a.m. for a CAT scan. Apparently the left side of my body doesn't have the mobility that my right side does and my primary is concerned about the headache's I've been getting. He said a lot could be stress (um, yeah, it's the end of campaign so no shock there) but he wants to get it looked at just to play it safe.

We also talked about if I should have the Gastric Bypass surgery like my father did. He told me that he's had a number of patients go throught it with great success, he thinks I'd be a good candidate and warned that it's a long road to get approval and I need to get moving on it if I want to have this done. I'm 124lbs overweight and am at high risk for a bunch of nasty stuff so of course I want to have this done. Thing is I'd want it done in late April or early May which is my downtime at work. Mom want5s it done in July when it's her down time. So much for having it done together! LOL One site dad recommends is obesityhelps.com. If you or anyone you know is thinking about the surgery, here's a good place to start.

Happy, Heathly Holidays!!!

No comments: