Saturday, August 09, 2008

24hr Wedding Cake


Even bariatric surgery can't keep me out of the kitchen......... for baking that is. With the great help of my mother I created the above cake. Dad & I went to the dr's office to drop off some papers, got our vitamins and, since the city roads suck so much, I was ready to go home after that simply from being sore. Pull into Tim Horton's for dad to get himself a coffee, Kari a bagel and me some chili (yes folks, you read it right. The doc gave me the green light to jump to the "experiment" stage!). We pulled into a spot next to one of the girls who works there and who happened to be out on break. She quick needed a 1 layer, big round cake with white frosting, white cake and lavendar "thingy's" on the top & bottom. No writing. Can I have it ready for tomorrow? Ummm...... sure? Mom's been recruited to do my lifting and carrying and she doesn't even know it yet. Then the girl swings by the house to look at my book and says she wants writing on it, what's the extra charge? Now, this poor girl is needing a cake for a wedding reception at 1:00 the next day and is trying to get to her little one's summer camp graduation. No extra charge. Oh, and at the last minute she wants me to make sugar roses to. Lord!! Thank God you can buy them. I told her it wasn't possible so I think the fact I found them and put them on will be a nice surprise. Well, it's 1:22 a.m., I've gone through 4 cakes because they kept sticking to the pan. Hope she likes it!

No comments: