Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Jenn's Bariatric Journey - End of Week 1

Well folks, today is officially the end of week 1. I had what I call some major accomplishments this week that normal people wouldn't think of. Moving your bowels after digestive surgery is a big deal. Today is the day that I also agreed to weigh myself. The day before surgery I weighed in at 288lbs and today I weigh 272.6lbs. Yup! Thats 16lbs lighter. This morning I also sat up on my own without the aide of another person or piece of furniture. Like I said folks, most people wouldn't consider these milestones but in my view it's like climbing Mt Everest.

I still have my limitations though. I walked from my house to Tonawanda St. then down to Niagara Street - basically the length of my street - and was pretty whipped by the time I got down there. I also can't lean over to pick stuff up, can't carry, push or pull. I'm fighting the head hunger which is mostly that I can't eat something and not so much that I'm hungry. I'm on liquids still so no-name mac & cheese looks like a fine filet right now! LOL I guess you could say that my disappointment is that, even though the scale says I am 16lbs lighter, I haven't seen a change yet. My clothes still feel the same and I can only say "I'm still swollen" for just so long. I go tomorrow to have my staples pulled so I'll ask about it then. I must still be because I'm a bit deformed with the right side of my stomach sticking out further than the left. Oh well. It's all a process and I'm just grateful for my family. They've been terrific and have taken such great care of me.

Can't wait to see my girlfriends though...................... *tappin' foot* LOL
Love to all
~Jenn

1 comment:

JS said...

JENN GREAT JOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every little step like this is a milestone. And I know you can do it. I look forward to your updates each Wednesday.