Tuesday, August 19, 2008

End of Week 3 and a bit disappointed..

Today is weigh in day and I've been a bit disappointed. I only lost 3 lbs but the doctor said that this could happen once I started on solid foods again. For the most part I'm feeling pretty good but am still struggling to get in my 40g of protein each day. I had been trying to drink it through a shake of 2c milk (16g), 1 scoop of Unjury (20g) and 2pks of Carnation Instant Breakfast (10g) but I was starting to have trouble finishing it. Dad says I should only do that for 1/2 of my protein and eat the other half. My stomach's not so big so it's tough! I also have been very lax this week with my walking and need to get back to it. Being active, getting in my 40g, taking my vitamins and drinking lots of fluids are the 4 main points after having this kind of surgery. Better get back to it!!! This is not something that can be reversed or ignored. After all, that's the reason I had this particular operation, right?

No comments: