Saturday, August 02, 2008

Jenn's Journey down the Bariatric Bypass Highway

Hi everyone! I am home from the hospital and feeling terribly sore but the great news is that last night I got in 8 hrs of sleep. It wasn't 8 in a row but compared to the last two nights, I didn't get 8 total. LOL

Above is a picture of my incesion that I took this morning. I want everyone to know that my choice to have this procedure wasn't easy and here's an example of why. I can't say that I thought of all the things I'd be going through. I mean, when dad had his procedure, I was at work all day and he seemed to sail through it all. Call it ignorance on my part if you will but that's the truth of it. Now I'm the one who's been sliced and moving slow.

I have a new found respect for pregnant women which I've gained over the last few days. Getting up without the aide of your stomach muscles, sitting down without them, trying to lay on your side without feeling like you body is ripping in 2. Not fun folks.

"Why is she putting this up here?" you migh be asking. Well it's simple. I want people to understand how important it is to take care of yourself so every Wednesday I'll be updating my blog with a new entry as to how my recovery is going. If something big happens before a Wednesday I'll probably put that up early but I hope you can swing in and check up.

Well, it's most important in the first 10 days post surgical to move every 30 minutes and to drink 50 oz of fluid so I'd better get going. I've been sitting here long enough.

Love to all,
~Jenn

1 comment:

JS said...

You will do great! So glad to hear everything went well.