Friday, September 15, 2006

Are you defective if you don't want kids?????

So, just about all my friends are now married and 2 of them are expecting their first babies. What do married friends who are pregnant do? They try to marry off their single friends. Marriage isn't so bad, in fact some day I'd love to get married. If I can find a guy who doesn't think with his pecker or a beer stein. To be honest though, I really don't think I want kids? Everyone gets this shocked expression on their face when I say it to. What just happened? Did I admit to being Hitler's offspring? Sure I think kids are great........... for other people. I want to be the loveable aunt who spoils 'em, sugars 'em up and sends 'em home. What's wrong with that? Times have changed. Women want careers and full lives. I'm not saying you can't have that with kids, in fact some think kids make our lives fuller. But we don't fit into molds anymore. We don't want to be housewives taking care of kids, we don't want to juggle babies and projection reports. We want it all and there's nothing wrong with that. All for one isn't always the same for everyone. So if you come across that childless friend remember it might be by freedom of choice.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I think you are right, Childless by choice should never be looked down on (and a belssing to all the children who get your love and attention!!)

Christina said...

ps it isn't a race :)