Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Tween's???

Now, I'm only 26 so I'm not old by any means, despite what my sister likes to say. But when I was younger you were either a kid or a teenage. For like 1 or 2 years you were considered a "pre-teen" which I think was 11 & 12. So what's with the new "tween" sensation? Was the world "pre-teen" so awful that today's 11 & 12 year olds couldn't cope with the word? They've actually got a Tween Sensation - Hannah Montana. I've seen the show. It's cute and I'll admit to having a bit of a very, very brief crush on her dad, Billy Ray Cyrus. Can I just mention he looks better now than he did then. Whew! I guess I'm just curious as to whether or now they'll be changing the term teenager. Are we bound to be in categories all our lives? Can't say I'm really enjoying that thought. Maybe I'm becoming one of those rebels we all looked out for when I was a kid. The ones who did what they want, didn't care what anyone thought and refused to be labeled. Heck, if I am, now THAT I'm enjoying.

No comments: