Monday, November 06, 2006

Football Fiasco

Well, I've kept you up to date on what was happening with our little league football. As of Friday, the Knights were going to play their play-off game this past Sunday then the championship game next Sunday. Then it became just the championship game this past Sunday against the North Buffalo Rams. While Donald was at the Cheerleading competition he got the call. North Buffalo pulled out, the season is done. WHAT???? Are you kidding me???? I wish I was. My own personal guess is that N.B. got wind there was gonna be partial ref's that they weren't gonna be able to pay-off and they knew they couldn't win in a legitimate game so they folded. As upset as all of our guys are, and they're plenty upset, I see this as a victory for them. They played with all their hearts, Donald & his coaches led these kids with heart and integrity and therefore are the real winners. Trophy's or not they're the champs of this year's game. All the Knights are getting together tonight for a pizza party and to watch game films. I'm gonna make a really great cake for them and I'll post a picture tomorrow. To the Knights who played so valiently..... Way To Go!!! To the other teams........ grow up. To Rick A, President of Tyro - retire, no one needs / wants you.

No comments: