Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Veterans Day


Last week we celebrate Veterans Day. A day to reflect on those who have and still serve our country through our armed forces. To visibly thank as a nation those who have lost limbs and lives so that we may be free and seek the joyous life we desire. My friend Nathan in the Navy, Dion in the Army, James in the Navy, Kevin (yes even you) in the Marines. One veteran I see every day and love listening to stories from is my co-worker and friend Dave. Dave served in the Navy and has some awesome stories. Some you'd never imagine happening. But you know what I heard most all day? It wasn't "Thank You" or even "Happy Veterans Day." It was "I can't believe we have to work. Other places are closed today. Is there gonna be mail delivery tomorrow?" Folks, let's just stop and put some perspective on things, shall we?

Thank you to all of our Veteran's, their families and those who still serve. We owe it all to you. Love & Respect, J

No comments: