Thursday, May 31, 2007

Running and Running


Ok, I've promised my cousin Nikki that if she comes up from Austin for next year's Corporate Challenge, I'd run it with her. That gives me a year to train for this 3.5 mile adventure around Delaware Park. As a fat lady who doesn't run, I was a bit nervous. Yates put together this really easy to follow 7 week plan with 3 program options that looked great. So yesterday I tripped on down to BAC (to which I haven't crossed the threshold of in months!) with my best friend Chris and for 30 minutes we ran. Well, I sorta ran. It was a 5 minute walk, then walk briskly for 90 seconds followed by 20 seconds of jogging. You do that for 20 minutes then 5 minutes of a brisk walk to cool down. You know what? I felt great afterwards, didn't pass out like I was afraid I was and feel pretty good today. We're planning another trip next week so until then I think I'll just walk with dad on his evening walks around the block or 2. Pretty humid here right now so I'm sure we won't be going far but heck, it's a start!! More to come!!! :)

No comments: