Monday, October 23, 2006

Another one bites the dust.........

Ok, so I'd been nagging my brother to put up a shelf in the front hall closet upstairs for a while now and got fed up with waiting. Heck, what I wanted was easy enough to do, I can do it myself. Note of caution to those who don't know me well. When I say that stay away. It's what's known in my circle as my "Martha Moment." The moment I see something and go "I can do that!" and it becomes a total disaster taking twice as long to do. Well, Thursday night it's off to Home Depot for my mother & me. All I wanted was some brackets to screw into the wall and a piece of MDF to screw into the wood. Easy enough, right? Of course not silly! You see, I needed a piece that was 4' 4" long and MDF only comes in 4' pieces. Oops! Lucky enough for me, this hottie that I actually look for when I'm there (Ben) happened to be standing at the end of an isle while someone moved some stuff the next isle over. I explained what I wanted to do and he gave some great advice. He even offered to cut the wood I needed as soon as this other guy was done. Well, in the 5 minutes we stood there talking I found out he loves camping (I'll pass) and especially the smell of a camp fire (I'm in love.) He's expecting a little one March 30th (single guys without kids are rapidly disappearing) and that he's mega noble. Yup, he feels that since he got his girlfriend pregnant he should be doing which he'll be doing this Saturday. He's not in love with her, he's just trying to right by her. Where has he been all my life?!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!? We chatted about it and I told him not to do it if it's not for the right reasons but he said he should at least give it a try for the kid. I then told him I admired him for his act of nobility and wished him the best of luck. Of course the whole time we talked after the marriage bomb shell I kept hearing in the back of my mind "Another one bites the dust.........." Can I just tell you how hot he is!!! Tall, dark hair, dark eyes, killer smile and a butt to worship. LOL The search continues.

No comments: