Thursday, October 19, 2006

Giving back to life

A friend of ours named Joe has cancer and it doesn't look good. Last Saturday he went for chemo but couldn't get it because his platlets (sp?) were too low. None of his kids would donate any of their own (I'm reserving judgement at this time) so mom & I decided we'd like to do it. We're going at 5:00 on Monday, October 23rd to Roswell Park Cancer Institute www.roswellpark.com because the Red Cross doesn't feel they should accomodate the community. Well, mom explained the exact situation on how this whole thing works and I'm a bit scared but if it means saving a life, or at least prolonging a good one, then I'm all for it.

Just hung up the phone with Maria from Roswell. We're all set! Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

awesome Jenn!!