Friday, October 27, 2006

When are you too old for a boyfriend???

Hey guys. Got this from my friend Smithy. She brings up a good point. ~J

Ok. Since I mentioned engagement on my blog already once this week, I figured I should keep this one in an email.Perhaps some of you could assist. :)At this tender age of me, at no longer 30 and Mark pushing 40 (in a few months) I find it feels odd to say "boyfriend" when speaking of my love to others. For example, whem meeting new people at Junior League (if you are not a member and you live in Buffalo, you MUST join!!) I'm living with my *boyfriend*, my *boyfriend* and I...blah blah blah.Today, I was speaking to the ladies on the Development Committee for the Women's Fund (where I work, of course) and maybe my biscotti was mentioned ;) (I brought some to one of our NFL 101 meetings, they were a big hit!) Today, I bought scones from Wegman's and one of the ladies mentioned that I could have made them...which led into a discussion of how I enjoy baking and cooking and how my *significant other* makes for a good taste tester. I think fiance rolls better off my tongue ;) D'oh! Of course there is NO WAY that HUSBAND rolls off my tongue, that seems far too strange and far away. But fiance? I can handle...and considering that when we moved in together back in July, we both already knew that this was where our relationship was headed or we wouldn't have moved in, well...back then I couldn't breathe. Now, here I am wanting to say fiance. :) Mark takes it all in stride of course, I am just not sure where the HELL all this engagementness is coming from in my head, and of course the more I think about it (out loud) the more of a not surprise it will be and Mark did say to me, "Well, you DO want it to be a surprise, right?" Right. I suppose. But? Can't I just say we are engaged and we can make all those plans later? Ah, a day in the life of a woman, surrounded by women.

No comments: