Monday, October 16, 2006

A light breeze & a few flakes......


So Mother Nature decided she didn't like something down here on earth or maybe she was just PMS-ing but the weather was pretty rotten this weekend. We all watched out the window on Thursday saying "The last time the sky was pink we got 7' of snow." I'm not kidding folks. My aunt once told me on a visit to Georgia, "If the sky turns green, run for cover because a tornado's coming." I've always been quite fond of the color pink, just not in the sky. Well, we stopped at CSAT for a hispanic heritage event they were having, returned Kari's coat to Target then went to the Olive Garden for dinner. The weather pretty much sucked all day and wasn't getting any better. Once we got into Amherst we noticed all the tree limbs that had fallen. Maple Road & Sheridan Drive were about 1/2 lit. By the time we left dinner we had the window's down to try and see. Ok, I was hot and froze my brother & sister out of the car but hey! At least I could see what was going on. I started getting calls at 3:00 Friday morning from friends making sure I was ok. Apparently, power was just about everywhere. By 6:15 a.m. I was on the phone to my boss Rema who told me to stay in bed. A driving ban was technically in effect but dad had to go to work because he works for the Post Office and is technically a federal employee. After he got home we went to Tops to get groceries and what we couldn't get there we got at Wegmans. The police were there pretty much to make sure no one rioted. Water was supposed to be shut off but the city of Buffalo has their own supply so we were good. The pictures don't show the carnage that is the city and suburb but they give you an idea. Some of the suburban schools are closed all week. Kari's off today but will be back in classes tomorrow.... Sorry FrogToes!! Hope all are safe. To those who have no power & won't get it back until next Sunday, keep your chin up. At least you're not on a farm! LOL ~J

No comments: